When you use Seymore in participating businesses, you’ll be rewarded with points. These points are collected when you make a purchase, and scan the QR code on display using the app’s in-built scanner. Points can be used to unlock exclusive content, prizes, and to enter competitions to win. You can also redeem coupons scanning the Seymore QR codes with the app.
We’ll also be offering ways to use your points to vote for local not for profit organizations, and we’ll provide assistance to the most voted for.
Seymore San Diego’s vision is to be trusted to connect local businesses to the local community and drive economic growth, while always maintaining the security and privacy of all users. Your privacy and data is sacred to us. We will never on-sell your data to other companies, and we strive to ensure that everything offered by Seymore is suitable, relevant, and of value to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can collect points in three ways:
- Retailer purchase: every time you spend at a participating retailer, you are allocated 10 points regardless of the purchase amount. You need to scan that retailers exclusive QR code to get the points allocated to your account (make sure you ask the retailer for their code if you cannot see it displayed). You can only receive points once per day, per retailer.
- Completing tasks in the Seymore San Diego App, such as completing your profile, reaching milestones, sharing your activity and referring friends to the program.
- Visiting local districts and attending events: You can also get points simply for getting out and visiting locations and events around San Diego.
Points are used to unlock exclusive #BUYLOCAL offers and coupons, redeem great prizes, and enter exclusive competitions.
Points do not have a financial value, and cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. For full terms and conditions, please open your app and visit the ‘settings’ section in the side menu.
Your points balance is displayed on the ‘Home’ tab of the Seymore San Diego App. You can also view them in the side menu, by tapping ‘history’.
For optimal performance, it is recommended that the app is used on:
- Android phones (except Huawei phones) with Android version 5.0 or later*
- iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 6s / 6s Plus, iPhone 7 / 7 Plus, iPhone 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone Xs / Xs Max**
*Android 5.0 will no longer be supported from September 2019.
**iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 / 6 Plus will no longer be supported from September 2019.
Your Seymore San Diego account is stored securely online, so changing your phone won’t impact your account. With your new phone, simply download the Seymore San Diego app again, and login using Facebook or the email address you used when you created you account. All of your history and points will be viewable in your new phone.
All San Diego locals and visitors with a supported smart phone can download the app and join the program. If you love a local business that you don’t see on the app, please let us know using the refer a business form, and we’ll talk to them about joining Seymore!
You can do this by simply deleting the app, and using the form here. If you do not use the app for a period of 180 days, we will delete your account and all associated data.